|SHARE THIS ARTICLE|
You’ve always dreamed of being a writer. Really, who hasn’t dreamed of putting their imagination to work in a published book? Maybe you don’t think you have what it takes to fill a book. Or perhaps the process of publishing makes you sweat a little.
Don’t give up on your dreams. You have a story to tell and CausePub is going to help you tell it.
CausePub is a crowd publishing startup aimed at uniting a community of storytellers to “create best-selling books that directly impact specific causes.” The Colorado-based company is built on three facts:
1. Stories change lives.
2. Everyone’s got a story (or two…or ten).
3. Three cords are stronger than one.
CausePub creates book projects that are a compilation of stories from various writers, bloggers, artists and authors from different walks of life — all united by the common goal of impacting the world through great stories.
And non-profits will benefit directly from the published works. (Writers get paid, too!)
CausePub is currently accepting submissions to the first CausePub project, called Couch Rebels: Because Stories Like These Aren’t Told by Potatoes. If you have a story of a time when you stepped outside your comfort zone, CausePub wants to hear your story and how that moment impacted your life. It might be a story of a global adventure, mission trip, difficult life circumstance, or serving in your community.
For this first project, CausePub has partered with Blood:Water Mission. The charity will receive 50 percent of proceeds from book sales. The goal is to sell 15,000 copies. If that goal is met, Blood:Water Mission would have the opportunity to provide clean water to 45,000 people for one year!
How CausePub Works
- The Causepub Team creates a book project.
- They partner the book with specific cause from a solid non-profit organization.
- Storytellers submit up to three stories to the project.
- If the story is approved, it is posted on the site to be voted on.
- The editors choose the stories to be published based on votes and opinions.
- The book is published as a Kindle eBook.
- The CausePub community promotes it together in fun creative ways to make it an instant Amazon best-seller, thereby maximizing its ability to leave an impact.
Have you always dreamed of writing a book? Get off the couch and join CausePub in support of Blood:Water Mission!
Learn more and share your story at http://causepub.com/.